PUB RESTORED INTO A CHURCH - Salem Danville, Pretoria, South Africa

FROM PUB TO CHURCH

Salem Danville's first service was under a carport on the 1st of March 2009 with 6 people. We started because the people of Danville spoke a need of a Biblical, relevant and alive church.

In December of 2009 we took over an old pub in Danville and renovated it into our church - a miracle done by God! Today we minister to about 100 people, 30 teenagers and 60 children.
Danville is a poor area in Pretoria West, South Africa - unique in a sense that there is poor people of all cultures and races.

Our vision - to bring His Peace and restoration to the people of Danville. To show them that your circumstances do not dictate God's love for you. Jesus loves all, no matter who you are, what you've done, or how much money you have!

Share the joy of ministering to the poor with us in this blog!

Kobus & Anina Homan (Pastors Salem Danville)

(Visit http://salem-danville.blogspot.com/ for our newsletters)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beautiful feet


Yesterday we saw that you need to put peace on your feet to fully walk in your inheritance as a son or daughter in God’s Kingdom.

If you have the protection of these shoes of peace on your feet, you will even walk in rough places, but His peace will protect you! This peace will give you an experience of God’s goodness and His protection! Thus preparing you not only to walk in this peace, but to also testify of His goodness and protection!

Ephesians 6:15(GW) 
Put on your shoes so that you are ready to spread the Good News that gives peace.

These shoes prepare you to spread the Good News. You will never be able to be an effective spreader of the Good News if you do not first experience it yourself! You can never testify of how the devil is defeated if you have not experienced how God has crushed him under your feet!

I am sure that when the prodigal son returned, he could not keep quiet about his father that restored him!  

You see, if you truly experience His grace and received your inheritance, it will be impossible to keep quiet about His love and goodness.

For so long I was bare feet in the spirit and had a slave mentality. I was with the Father, but did not take-up my full inheritance! My testimony was weak and ineffective, I confessed with my mouth that He is my Father, but I felt defeated, walking the road without peace, feeling the smallest attack from the enemy! My feet were bruised and sore!

Today I want to testify about His goodness and my testimony is backed by my feet. Even if I walk through a storm, I can still testify of His peace and protection. This makes me effective and prepared to spread the Good News! One who walks with beautiful feet!

Romans 10:15b(Darby) 
…How beautiful the feet of them that announces glad tidings of peace, of them that announce glad tidings of good things!

Shalom!
Anina

No comments:

Post a Comment