PUB RESTORED INTO A CHURCH - Salem Danville, Pretoria, South Africa

FROM PUB TO CHURCH

Salem Danville's first service was under a carport on the 1st of March 2009 with 6 people. We started because the people of Danville spoke a need of a Biblical, relevant and alive church.

In December of 2009 we took over an old pub in Danville and renovated it into our church - a miracle done by God! Today we minister to about 100 people, 30 teenagers and 60 children.
Danville is a poor area in Pretoria West, South Africa - unique in a sense that there is poor people of all cultures and races.

Our vision - to bring His Peace and restoration to the people of Danville. To show them that your circumstances do not dictate God's love for you. Jesus loves all, no matter who you are, what you've done, or how much money you have!

Share the joy of ministering to the poor with us in this blog!

Kobus & Anina Homan (Pastors Salem Danville)

(Visit http://salem-danville.blogspot.com/ for our newsletters)

Monday, September 5, 2011

Yet, I will rejoice!

Time and time again I am amazed by the people of our church.

Sunday we sang an Afrikaans song that comes out of Habakkuk 3. Every time we sing this song, I get an overwhelming feeling of God’s presence. I know it is because His children are singing words they are presently experiencing.

Habakkuk 3:17-18(NLT) says:
 17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
      and there are no grapes on the vines;
   even though the olive crop fails,
      and the fields lie empty and barren;
   even though the flocks die in the fields,
      and the cattle barns are empty,
 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
      I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!


Many of our precious people are currently experiencing no blossoms, no grapes on their vines and failed crops. Circumstances forced them to live a life of survival! Some are in these circumstances because of wrong choices, other’s because of the lack of opportunity and other’s just because the circle of poverty was never broken in their lives.

When we however get to the part where we sing “…yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!” They sing these words with conviction, people with so little, rejoice in the Lord and they are joyful in the God of their Salvation!

This generates a spirit of hope! That no matter where I am or what I have! I still have my Lord, the God of my salvation!

Can you say: “Yet…!” Even if there is no money in the bank! Yet, I will rejoice. I’ve lost my job! Yet, I will rejoice!

Even if all looks dark and difficult, we can rejoice in the Lord – He is our hope and our salvation. He is the One who will be with us, now and forever!

Shalom!
Anina

No comments:

Post a Comment