PUB RESTORED INTO A CHURCH - Salem Danville, Pretoria, South Africa

FROM PUB TO CHURCH

Salem Danville's first service was under a carport on the 1st of March 2009 with 6 people. We started because the people of Danville spoke a need of a Biblical, relevant and alive church.

In December of 2009 we took over an old pub in Danville and renovated it into our church - a miracle done by God! Today we minister to about 100 people, 30 teenagers and 60 children.
Danville is a poor area in Pretoria West, South Africa - unique in a sense that there is poor people of all cultures and races.

Our vision - to bring His Peace and restoration to the people of Danville. To show them that your circumstances do not dictate God's love for you. Jesus loves all, no matter who you are, what you've done, or how much money you have!

Share the joy of ministering to the poor with us in this blog!

Kobus & Anina Homan (Pastors Salem Danville)

(Visit http://salem-danville.blogspot.com/ for our newsletters)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My time in His hands


Many people have asked my husband and me why we choose to have a church in a poor community. Why we keep on laboring in a congregation that can’t even pay the water and electricity, not even speaking of a salary…

About four years ago I would not even consider pastoring a church like this. One of my goals in life was my own comfort and having security in a salary check. But through pain and suffering I had to learn a hard lesson:

Psalm 31:15a (NIV)
15 My times are in your hands…

God had to discipline me until I submitted my time into His hands

I had to realize that the ultimate goal of my life is not ease or comfort, but rather to be conformed into the image of God, and that He will take you wherever necessary for this life-changing process.

You can fight against it and try to control your own time… but it will just make the process longer and harder. Eventually you’ll have to submit and allow God to take over…

Psalm 31:5(NIV)
5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
   deliver me, LORD, my faithful God.

It sounds very difficult, but when we finally gave over, committing our spirits into His hands, everything changed!

To be quite honest, we are much more fulfilled and happier than ever before. People don’t understand it, but to totally place your life and your time in His hands is to ask Him to take responsibility for each second of your life.

And do believe me; He does a much better job than I could ever do!

Won’t you make that choice today, to place your time in His hands!

Shalom!
Anina

No comments:

Post a Comment