The one kind of sin is motivated by the devil, tempting you to do wrong. The other kind of sin is not listening to the motivation of our Father to do right.
The sin of not doing right comes from the Greek word “hamartano” – which means to miss the mark and missing the prize. Every time we choose to ignore His voice to do something right, we miss a blessing and a heavenly reward from Him. He will always reward us for our obedience like sowing money, giving a Scripture to someone, making a phone call…
The Bible gives us some guidelines to be obedient to His voice to do right: Heb. 4:7 “….Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."
· Be obedient today, not tomorrow
· If you delay, it will most probably not happen
· What must you do today?
· Make that phone call, send that verse, give that gift…!
· You have to listen to God
· To listen you have to keep quiet
· Don’t give because it’s a good idea
· Give when it is a God idea
· This is born out if a deep intimate relationship with your Father
· You have to have a responsive heart
· Cleans your heart from the sin that is motivated by the devil
· Do it with a willing heart
In this way you will hit the bull’s eye in the middle and receive a heavenly prize!