PUB RESTORED INTO A CHURCH - Salem Danville, Pretoria, South Africa

FROM PUB TO CHURCH

Salem Danville's first service was under a carport on the 1st of March 2009 with 6 people. We started because the people of Danville spoke a need of a Biblical, relevant and alive church.

In December of 2009 we took over an old pub in Danville and renovated it into our church - a miracle done by God! Today we minister to about 100 people, 30 teenagers and 60 children.
Danville is a poor area in Pretoria West, South Africa - unique in a sense that there is poor people of all cultures and races.

Our vision - to bring His Peace and restoration to the people of Danville. To show them that your circumstances do not dictate God's love for you. Jesus loves all, no matter who you are, what you've done, or how much money you have!

Share the joy of ministering to the poor with us in this blog!

Kobus & Anina Homan (Pastors Salem Danville)

(Visit http://salem-danville.blogspot.com/ for our newsletters)

Monday, July 25, 2011

A satisfied husband…

My husband and I celebrated our 13 year marriage anniversary today. I am so grateful to my Father for a Godly husband! We have been through our rough patches, but through grace and restoration both of us can truly say: “If you really commit your marriage to God, He will do a miracle!”

Now ladies, as you know, some men struggle to find the right words and my husband is no exception. One time he said something to me that at first made me felt really disgusted, but today it is something we joke about.

The conversation was one of those deep one’s where I poured out my heart, telling him how much I loved and appreciated him. Looking deep into his eyes, expecting the same kind of response, he responded: “Thanks, I am satisfied with you.” My response naturally was: “Satisfied, you are satisfied with me!”

After this deep conversation, whenever we speak about our feelings, we reassure each other that we are quite satisfied with one another!

We off course said this jokingly, but last week I read the following verse:

Psalm 17:15(AMP)
15As for me, I will continue beholding Your face in righteousness (rightness, justice, and right standing with You); I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake [to find myself] beholding Your form [and having sweet communion with You].

I realized a truth: both of us started to be satisfied with each other, not because we got our satisfaction from one another, but because we first fully restored our relationship with our Father. Beholding His face through a personal relationship, having sweet communion with Him!

You can never demand fulfillment and satisfaction from someone or something, you will always end up empty and disappointed. You can only get fulfillment from your Father!

Have sweet communion with Him, beholding His face – you will be fully satisfied… just like my husband!

Shalom!
Anina

No comments:

Post a Comment