PUB RESTORED INTO A CHURCH - Salem Danville, Pretoria, South Africa

FROM PUB TO CHURCH

Salem Danville's first service was under a carport on the 1st of March 2009 with 6 people. We started because the people of Danville spoke a need of a Biblical, relevant and alive church.

In December of 2009 we took over an old pub in Danville and renovated it into our church - a miracle done by God! Today we minister to about 100 people, 30 teenagers and 60 children.
Danville is a poor area in Pretoria West, South Africa - unique in a sense that there is poor people of all cultures and races.

Our vision - to bring His Peace and restoration to the people of Danville. To show them that your circumstances do not dictate God's love for you. Jesus loves all, no matter who you are, what you've done, or how much money you have!

Share the joy of ministering to the poor with us in this blog!

Kobus & Anina Homan (Pastors Salem Danville)

(Visit http://salem-danville.blogspot.com/ for our newsletters)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I can’t pray!

Have you ever made these remarks, “Prayer doesn’t work! “I wonder if God is listening to me?”; “My prayer only goes as far the ceiling!”

There was a time in my life when I thought it might help to make a big hole in my roof, then at least my prayer would go past the ceiling…

Usually there are a few reasons why you might struggle to pray:
-        Your heart might be broken in pieces and it is hurting so much that it is difficult to express words to your Father.
-        Guilt and condemnation rules in your heart because of a deep secret sin that you struggle with.
-        You feel far from God for no apparent reason, it just feels that He doesn’t listen when you pray.

All of us go through seasons where prayer does not come naturally. Through growing in my relationship with Him, I’ve learned that in times like these the answer is not a hole in my ceiling, but to turn to the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of comfort and help, the One who come along side us and will help us even if we can’t pray!

Romans 8:26(AMP)
26So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

In times like these, I just say: “Holy Spirit, help me!” Then I sit with my eyes closed and know in faith that He is praying for me. I know that in this time He prays according to Father’s will and that in the quietness, He is strengthening me.

If you are going through a prayer struggle, just become quiet and say: “Holy Spirit, help!” In faith know that through the Spirit, you are connecting with your Father, and you will be lifted up!

Shalom!
Anina

No comments:

Post a Comment